Scrambled eggs is one of the easiest breakfast recipes to make. Kids love it when you throw a little extra cheese in the mix! That’s what we’re making in this easy scrambled eggs with cheese recipe. Serve this cheesy dish with some toasted slices of sourdough and Mexican coffee for a delightful breakfast meal.
Tips on Making Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
When we talk about perfect scrambled eggs, some people like it creamy and spreadable, while others prefer it on the drier, firmer side. The great thing about making them at home is that you can easily make it how you like it. But before you make your version of the best scrambled eggs, check out these tips and tricks:
- Use a rubber spatula and a medium-sized non-stick saute pan lined with Teflon coating and cook it at low heat. With these, you will need to use only a little fat and your eggs will also less likely be easily burnt.
- Use oil because it doesn’t brown as easily as butter. Canola oil, avocado oil, or olive oil will do. If you want buttery eggs, you can add a cube of butter at the end instead.
- You can use any cheese or a combination of it that you have on hand. American cheese, cream cheese, parmesan, gouda, or cottage cheese will work well with this recipe. Use as much or as little as you like!
More Scrambled Egg Ideas to Try
If you loved this scrambled eggs with cheese recipe, then here are more for you to choose from and try! Get creative in serving eggs for breakfast with our top picks among our collection of scrambled egg recipes:
- Cheeseburger Scrambled Egg Wrap — Enjoy cheeseburger in a healthier way by incorporating its flavors into a scrambled egg wrap. It has pickles, onions, egg whites, and ground turkey for a leaner alternative to beef.
- Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese — The tangy and earthy taste of goat’s cheese complements the creamy eggs. It also has spinach, green onions, and sun-dried tomatoes for added color and nutrition.
- Scrambled Egg Sandwich — This is an easy recipe for a gooey cheesy egg sandwich. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast. You can also make a bunch of it, freeze them, and just heat them up in the microwave before serving.
- Microwave Scrambled Eggs — For the top spot in the list of easy ways to cook eggs, we have microwave scrambled eggs. You will only need three ingredients for this recipe!
How To Make Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
This recipe for creamy soft scrambled eggs with cheese contains cheddar cheese, milk, salt, black pepper, and hash browns. It’s perfect for breakfast as it is filling and ready in just 15 minutes.
Whisk the eggs with milk and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan on low heat. Add hash browns, followed by the egg mixture. Cook until brown.
Add the eggs and stir once in a while. Cook until eggs are done. Add parsley and stir just before serving.
Serve with toasted bread.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 359mg
- Calories: 323kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Cholesterol: 262mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 387mg
- Protein: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 352mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 764IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Frequently Asked Questions
When should you add cheese to scrambled eggs?
If you’re cooking cheesy scrambled eggs alone without additional ingredients like hash browns, bacon, onions, or peppers, it’ll be good to add the cheese 20 seconds after adding the eggs into the pan. At this point, the bottom of the eggs has already set a bit. This is also to avoid the cheese melting directly into the pan and getting sticky. But if you’re cooking other ingredients ahead of the eggs and cheese, you can add the two together, just like what we did in this recipe.
Should you add milk to scrambled eggs?
It’s not a must, but adding milk to scrambled eggs gives it a bigger leeway from turning from creamy to rubbery. You have the choice to either leave it out or replace it. You can use cream, half and half, or yogurt. They will give your scrambled egg an even richer creamy flavor. But if you prefer lighter options, you can use water or any non-dairy milk. Use 1 tablespoon of water for each egg to make fluffy scrambled eggs.
ConclusionHave an extra-special breakfast with eggs by making scrambled eggs with cheese! It makes fool-proof creamy and cheesy eggs just like what you get in the restaurants.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Pan-Fry & Skillet