How To Make Man O' War Cocktail
Enjoy bourbon in a new way with this man o war cocktail. It might not be as popular as other drinks, but this is a must-have in your mixing arsenal.
- 2 fl oz good-quality bourbon, or any favorite rye whiskey
- 1 fl oz orange liqueur, like Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1⁄2 fl oz sweet vermouth
- 1⁄2 fl oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Brandied cherries, or lemon peel for garnish
- Wrap a handful of ice cubes in a clean kitchen towel or in a ice bag, and, using a rolling pin or mallet, tap on it until all the ice is broken up and crushed into grape-sized pieces. Place ice in a cocktail glass and set aside.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes then add the bourbon (or rye or whiskey), Cointreau, sweet vermouth, and lemon juice. Close and shake until it is thoroughly chilled (almost too cold to touch), at least 20 seconds. Taste and add more lemon for a more tart drink or more Cointreau for a sweeter drink.
- Strain the cocktail into the ice-filled cocktail glass, spear a few brandied cherries and a few bits of lemon peel onto a few cocktail toothpicks and garnish each glass. Serve.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 22mg
- Calories: 600kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 389mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Vitamin A: 22IU
- Vitamin C: 142mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!