This beer battered onion ring recipe comes from Sandra Lee, a Food Network star. You’ll love how crunchy these onion rings come out. If you’re looking for a nice snacker for late-night movie watches, this onion ringFor a recipe seals the deal.
Beer Batter Onion Rings Recipe
- peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion peeled and sliced
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 2 cup all purpose baking mix Bisquik
- 1 cup ale preferably Bass
- In Dutch oven, heat 4 inches of oil over medium-high heat to 375 degrees.
- In shallow pan, dredge sliced onion in flour; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and celery salt.
- Stir in baking mix and ale.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Shake excess flour from onion slices and coat in batter.
- When oil is ready, carefully slide battered onion slices into oil.
- Fry for 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!