Add jasmine rice and steamed fresh asparagus to complete the meal. Chinese-style hot mustard has a sharp, spicy bite and can be used in place of wasabi paste. The glaze would also pair well with salmon, chicken thighs, or pork.
How To Make Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Ginger Glaze
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce divided
- 4 (6 oz.) tuna steaks 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp ginger marmalade such as Dundee
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- ooking spray
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Spoon 1 tablespoon soy sauce over tuna steaks; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger marmalade, and 2 teaspoons wasabi paste in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add tuna steaks to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Spoon marmalade mixture over tuna; cook 1 minute or until medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove tuna from pan; sprinkle with cilantro.