You’ll love this tuna recipe!
How To Make Pickled Tuna
- 1 lb. fresh tuna steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Put tuna in a medium stockpot.
- Add 1/2 inch of water.
- Cover and heat on low until fish is cooked through.
- The fish should flake easily with a fork.
- When cool, flake fish and put in a small bowl.
- Pour lime juice over fish and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Peel onion and slice into 1/8-inch rounds.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Cut jalapenos into thin strips.
- Slice olives into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Heat oil to medium temperature in a medium frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and chilies.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until onion is limp but not brown.
- Stir in oregano and cumin.
- Stir in vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Pour sauce over fish and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Garnish with olive slices.