Who can resist tender crab meat coated in crispy bread crumbs mixed with select herbs and spices? Learn how you can recreate this former Red Lobster delicacy at home.
How To Make Copycat Red Lobster Crab Cakes
- 2 tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. mustard prepared
- ⅓ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅓ tsp. sweet paprika
- ⅓ tsp. bay leaves finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs plus additional to coat
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
To prepare the crab cake
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, garlic, egg, mustard, ginger, paprika, bay leaves, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well-mixed.
- Stir in the crab meat, and ¼ cup of bread crumbs.
- Pour plain bread crumbs into a large bowl.
- Scoop up 2-3 tablespoons of crab meat at a time.
- Flatten the crab meat out into a cake, then dredge through the bread crumbs until fully coated.
- Refrigerate crab cakes for 30 minutes to set.
To cook the crab cake
- Pour canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches of 4-6 crab cakes at a time, add crab cakes to skillet and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time once one side of the cake turns golden brown.
- When both sides have been browned, reduce heat to low and continue cooking crab cakes for 5 more minutes until warmed through.