These delicious fried fun-sized broccoli bites are mixed with cheese and bacon to create a one-of-a-kind appetizer. This Bennigan original is a must-try and is simple to recreate.
How To Make Copycat Bennigan’s Savory Broccoli Bites
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bacon chopped
- Chop the florets and toss them in a mixing bowl along with the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Beat the egg and stir in the milk along with the flour, baking powder, bacon, and salt.
- Mix together until smooth, then pour mixture over broccoli and cheese. Toss to coat evenly.
- In a large greased skillet over medium heat, drop the formed broccoli balls. Fry until fully cooked and outside is golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 325mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 249IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 1mg