Fresh and warm pretzel bites are perfect as a snack or for a party. These are based off of the Red Robin’s recipe, so enjoy our copycat Red Robin’s fries recipe!
How To Make Red Robin's Copycat Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 4 cup flour plus more for the surface
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir yeast into the warm water and let it dissolve. Slowly add in the sugar, salt, and butter and continue to stir until the salt and sugar are fully dissolved. This will form the dough.
- Sift in three cups of flour 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring further before adding more flour.
- Mix the dough with a wooden spoon and add in one more cup of flour. If the dough is still sticky, continue to add flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 3 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and roll into a 20-25 inch long rope.
- Cut each rope into 1 inch pieces.
- Boil 9 cups of water with the baking soda and drop the pretzel bites into the water for 25 seconds.
- Remove the pretzel bites with a slotted spoon and place onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Make sure there is 1 inch of space between the bites.
- Beat the egg and brush onto the bites, then sprinkle some salt on top.
- Place your pretzel bites in the oven for fifteen minutes and then serve immediately.
- Enjoy your snack with nacho cheese or any of your favorite dipping sauces!