Whenever we visit our favorite fast-food chain, it’s a must to order our favorite drink from their menu for a full-on meal. Have you tried McDonald’s Chocolate Shake? If you haven’t, then this recipe will help you have one without you having to go to McDonald’s on foot.
Enjoy this indulgent chocolate milkshake with delicious bites from our Mcdonald’s Buttermilk Crispy Tenders for a snack like no other.
How to Make A Thick Chocolate Shake Like McDonald’s
We all want a good sweet treat, and what better way to serve ourselves than a good chocolate milkshake just like McDonald’s. In this chocolate shake recipe, we want to achieve that thick but slushy gooey. So here are some tips to make your copycat McDonald’s chocolate shake taste better.
- Use real full-fat ice cream. To get the best flavor out of your milkshake, make sure to use the full-fat flavored ice cream of your choice. Full-fat ice cream is also thicker and richer. It thickens better in a blender, and it goes perfectly well with your added toppings, too.
- Add milk to your mix. While blending all of your ingredients into the blender, add some milk to make the mixing process easier for you and to liquify your mixture.
- If you want a thicker consistency, use whipped cream. Milk won’t be enough to thicken the mixture, so substitute half of the milk with whipping cream.
- Add ice when blending the ingredients. Ice will not only make your shake colder, but it can also give your drink a crystallized texture to make it thicker. But if you use ice, make sure to drink it up fast! Once the ice melts, your milkshake will thin out.
Upgrade Your McDonald’s Chocolate Shake With These Easy Tips
Making your homemade chocolate shake has never been this easy and enjoyable. To level up your sweet drink, check out these add-ons you can put on your glass of shake.
- Make it more chocolaty. Besides chocolate chips and chocolate syrup, you can add Nutella or hot fudge for a sharp chocolate kick.
- Add more toppings. The chocolate syrup over the whipped cream makes it a perfect chocolate shake. But you can get creative and add some colorful sprinkles, a drizzle of caramel syrup, or even a dollop of peanut butter!
- Add fruits to the mix. Aside from chocolate ice cream, you can add bananas or strawberries for a fruity flavor to your mix. This will give you a sweet and chocolatey taste but with a refreshingly healthy flavor too.
- Add a little bit of crunch. Level up the flavor and texture of your chocolate milkshake with crushed cookies or nuts. Go for the ultimate chocolate flavor with some Oreo cookies or switch it up with butter pecan cookies. Else, add some toasted pecans or almonds for a nutty take.
Tip: If you only have vanilla ice cream, here’s how you can turn it to chocolate. Simply add
How To Make McDonald’s Chocolate Shake (Copycat)
Rich, chocolatey, and creamy. This copycat McDonald's Chocolate Shake is the perfect drink for a hot sunny day. Whip this up in just 5 minutes!
Combine ice cream, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream, remaining chocolate syrup, and maraschino cherries.
- Sugar: 134g
- Calcium: 707mg
- Calories: 1298kcal
- Carbohydrates: 170g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Fat: 62g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1523mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 47g
- Sodium: 393mg
- Vitamin A: 1305IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can chocolate milkshake be left out?
An ice cream-based milkshake can be left out unrefrigerated for 5 hours. After that, it should be kept in the freezer for 72 hours, or else it will start to spoil. After taking it out from the freezer, reblend it, give it 5 minutes to sit out and it’s ready for you!
How to store leftover chocolate shakes?
Pour your copycat Mcdonald’s Chocolate Shake in an airtight container with a seal or a ziplock bag. This is to prevent the smell of other frozen food items in the freezer from seeping into your drink. Make sure to place it at the main part of the freezer and not on near the door to keep it cold.
ConclusionNo wonder sweet drinks such as McDonald’s are the best go-to comfort food. It’s easy to whip up and nothing short of satisfying. You can even pair this Mcdonald's Chocolate Shake with fries, chicken, or burger meals for the ultimate indulgence.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!