We guarantee that this Chicken Lazone recipe will make your mouth water. Indeed, you will fall in love with this tender pan-fried chicken covered with creamy spicy sauce! If you want it to be a healthy meal, you can serve it with zucchini noodles. You can also have it with bread dipped in the extra sauce. In however way you like to eat it, be ready to enjoy a delicious meal with this recipe that you can have in mere minutes!
Now, for the uninitiated, Chicken Lazone is a Cajun dish made of seasoned chicken simmered in a velvety cream sauce that marries Creole flavors together. And it is so simple to cook which is perfect for first timers. All you have to do is season up some chicken, pan-fry it in a little butter, and pour in some cream, and there you have it! It’s such an easy dish the whole family will love! Also, this recipe couldn’t be easier and you can heat up the leftovers just as easily too!
Besides, this Chicken Lazone recipe is so fast to make! It only takes 30 minutes to prepare this restaurant worthy meal which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Also, if time allows, you could always make it a hearty meal by trying out our Linguine Aglio Olio recipe to accompany the tender pan-fried chicken in creamy Cajun sauce!
How To Make Chicken Lazone
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp of salt and pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging seasoned
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ tsp of chilli powder
- dash of Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- First, prepare two large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Repeat this step on the other side of the chicken breast as well.
- Now, drop the chicken breasts into the flour bowl and coat well. Before searing, shake off excess flour.
- In a skillet, add butter and olive oil.
- Place the dredged chicken in the skillet and allow it to sear for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now, remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and set aside. Pour in a cup of heavy cream and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Mix gently.
- Next, add the smoked ground paprika, chili powder, onion powder, and stir thoroughly. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the cream has reduced and slightly thickened, add the chicken pieces back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and plate the chicken pieces on a large platter. Drizzle with cream sauce and garnish with chopped parsley. Chicken Lazone is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Is there a healthier version of this recipe?
For a healthier version, go ahead and use half-and-half or low fat cream instead of heavy cream. You can also substitute butter for olive oil. Note: remember that a lighter cream will yield a more watery sauce.
Is paprika necessary for this dish?
Cajun dishes use a lot of paprika in their cooking. The peppers add a unique smoky flavor which is signature to Cajun recipes. So if you don’t have any in your pantry, go ahead and stock your kitchen with a bottle. We guarantee this won’t be the last time you cook with smoked ground paprika.
Finally, with this Chicken Lazone recipe, you will find out just how easy it is to serve up quality dishes from the comfort of your own home. In fact, you're free to tweak the recipe to suit your taste buds - whether that means making it vegetarian or a whole lot spicier!