This Chicken Lazone is so fast, and easy to make! Ready in just 30 minutes, this restaurant-worthy meal is perfect for a weeknight meal. Cajun spices add a kick of heat just right for the rich flavors of the heavy cream. Go ahead, make this decadent dish for your family tonight!
How To Make Chicken Lazone
- A metal mixing bowl
- A skillet
- A silicone spatula
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 dash of italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- You will need to prepare two large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise. Set aside 2 tablespoons of butter for searing the chicken. In a bowl, ready your cream and spice mixture.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside for searing your chicken breasts. Chop and set aside 2 tablespoons of parsley to garnish your finished dish. Keep aside ½ a teaspoon each of onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, in a metal mixing bowl, sift 1 cup of flour. To season your chicken, set aside ½ a teaspoon of chilli powder, 1 dash of italian seasoning and ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Time to pep up the chicken breasts with some seasonings! Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Ensure to repeat this step on the other side of your protein as well. The last thing you want is to under-season such a hearty meal.
- Now, drop your chicken breasts into the flour bowl and coat well. Before searing, make sure to dust off excess flour from your chicken pieces before searing.
- In a large-heated skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Tip: adding the olive oil before the butter will prevent the butter from burning.
- Place the dredged chicken in your skillet and allow to sear for 4-5 minutes. Searing the chicken pieces will create a golden crust of flavors which will melt into the cream sauce and enrich the whole dish.
- Now, remove your chicken pieces from the skillet and set aside for later. Pour in a cup of heavy cream and scrape up the delicious brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Mix gently until all these flavors are incorporated into the cream.
- Next, add ½ a teaspoon each of smoked ground paprika, chilli powder, onion powder and stir thoroughly. If you feel the spice is too much you can always just add enough to taste. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the cream has reduced and slightly thickened, add the chicken pieces back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, this will allow the flavors from the cream to penetrate the chicken pieces. Every bite of this delectable dish will be an explosion of flavors in your mouth.
- Remove from the heat and plate your chicken pieces on a large platter. Drizzle with cream sauce and garnish with chopped parsley. Chicken Lazone ready to serve. Enjoy!
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I make this Chicken Lazone recipe healthier?
For a healthier version, you can always use half-and-half or low fat cream instead of heavy cream. Go ahead and substitute butter for olive oil, a healthier substitute and also a dairy-free option for guests. Note: remember that a lighter cream will yield a sauce which has more liquid.
How can I make a vegetarian version?
Use tempeh for a vegetarian chicken lazone! If you’re not a fan of tempeh because of its taste, give it a try with this dish. You are guaranteed to never look at tempeh the same way again. Cut two blocks of tempeh into triangles and steam for about ten minutes on medium. The tempeh should feel soft to touch. Now, preheat your oven to 375F. On a baking sheet, lay out the tempeh triangles and drizzle with olive oil (ensure to coat tempeh evenly with olive oil). Sprinkle with ½ a teaspoon each of onion powder, paprika, italian seasoning and salt for taste. Bake your tempeh triangles in the oven for 10-15 minutes on both sides. Add these cooked tempeh triangles to your creamy sauce and allow to cook on medium heat. For a vegan option, switch up heavy cream with coconut cream.