This kiwifruit bubble tea recipe combines fresh green or gold kiwifruit, milk and tapioca pearls for a fruity alternative to traditional sugar-laden bubble teas. This trendy Asian-inspired drink is an excellent source of vitamin C, calcium and fiber.
How To Make Fresh Kiwifruit Bubble Tea
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup large tapioca pearls
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 3 kiwifruits green or gold, peeled and sliced
- Place water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add tapioca pearls, boil 3 minutes until soft and drain.
- Divide pearls evenly between two 12-ounce glasses.
- Combine ice, milk, and condensed milk into a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Add kiwifruit and pulse until just blended. Do not crush the kiwifruit seeds.
- Pour drink over tapioca pearls. Serve immediately.