When you end brunch with coffee and tea, make sure to ready the dessert! These easy to make strawberry-filled powdered puff pastries will be a hit at your family brunch.
Powdered Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- ½ cup fresh strawberries sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, unfold the puff pastry.
- Cut into 3 long strips along the perforated lines.
- Cut each strip into 6 pieces.
- Place the pastries onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a small pan, combine the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar.
- Mash the ingredients together, combining well until soft and sugar is dissolved.
- Being contents to a boil, stirring often, making sure that the mixture doesn't stick to the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
Once both the pastry and filling are completely cooled, cut the pastries in half.
Evenly divide the strawberry filling onto the bottom layer of the pastries.
Stack the other half of puff pastry over the filling and then dust with powdered sugar until fully covered.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!