This cake is a must for any raisin lovers. It’s a fantastic sweet pound cake with raisins and a light vanilla glaze frosting on top.
How To Make Raisin Pound Cake
- 1 lb butter softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 dollop vanilla icing
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Afterward, grease and flour a 10 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl and gradually add sugar.
- Then, beat the mixture with an electric mixer on medium strength until light and fluffy.
- At this point, start adding eggs one at a time to the mixer, beating them after each addition.
- Start to slowly add flour alternately with milk and make sure to mix the flour well after each addition.
- Then, add in the almond and vanilla extracts and continue mixing.
- Afterward, add in the raisins and blend well.
- Now pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or at least until the center is finished.
- Once the batter is done baking, make sure to cool it for a few minutes.
- Remove the cake from its pan and set it on a cake plate.
- Lastly, ice the cake lightly with vanilla icing and serve.