Cakes, in general, take time to create. However, that doesn’t mean that there are no cake recipes that require a relatively shorter time for preparation. With this popular retro bundt cake recipe, we guarantee that you are going to be satisfied.
Fortunately for those who are monitoring their sugar level, this bundt cake recipe is not that sweet. Feel free to control the amount of confectioners’ sugar that will go on your cake. Also, you can decide on the topping of your bundt cake. For instance, in this recipe, we made some glaze. It’s up to you if you want to use chocolate syrup or caramel instead.
This recipe is so easy that you can actually make this with your kids. Have a fun-filled Sunday with this Sock It To Me Cake! For more easy-to-make cake recipes you might want to try this Raisin Pound Cake recipe.
How to make Sock It To Me Cake
This soft and moist bundt cake is simply irresistible. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- Get 2 tablespoons from your cake mix and mix it with cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecan in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of your cake mix with sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and water. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture is fully combined.
- Grease and flour a 1-cup bundt pan.
- Fill the mold until ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Fill the mold until it almost touches the brim, leaving just about ½ inch space from the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes.
- To make the glaze, simply mix confectioners' sugar and milk till smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake. Garnish with the cinnamon mix and serve.
- Sugar: 25g
- Calcium: 111mg
- Calories: 456kcal
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fat: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 85mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 340mg
- Vitamin A: 148IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it called Sock It To Me?
Older people will immediately recognize this name as an homage to the sitcom “Laugh-In” by Rowan and Martin which aired from 1968 to 1973. This cake is an absolutely retro dish.
Can I substitute the nuts?
Yes, feel free to use your preferred nuts. We recommend using almonds or walnuts as well. If you are allergic to nuts, you can crush Oreo cookies instead for added texture.
Can I make this cake ahead?
This bundt cake is so easy and can be made a day ahead or stored in the freezer for up to 3 to 4 weeks, it will stay yummy assembled in the fridge for 3 days.
ConclusionThis retro bundt cake is nutty, spicy, sweet, and oh-so-moist. Simple and yet absolutely decadent, we're sure that your sweet tooth will be fully satisfied with this Sock It To Me cake recipe. Being small, this bundt cake is perfect to bring out as a light snack for picnics as well. Prep it for your next picnic outing, and make everyone's jaws drop at the beautiful glistening bundt cakes when you unpack them!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!