Step aside blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes, these cookie dough pancakes are our new favorite kind of griddle cakes! Switch up your regular breakfast meal with this chocolate chip cookie dough treat filled with comforting flavors. What makes these soft cookie dough pancakes extra special and wonderful is that it’s made with a homemade pancake mix.
With a couple of simple baking ingredients, you get to enjoy soft and fluffy chocolate pancakes stuffed with a sweet cookie dough mixture that blends perfectly into the batter. Finish it off with some chocolate chips or whipped cream on top for a delicious finish. When combined with the egg, milk, and other ingredients, you’ll get a smooth and thick pancake batter mix that’s perfect for cooking in big batches. Serve this tasty stack of cookie dough pancakes after a hefty breakfast sausage dish with scrambled eggs on the side.
How To Make Cookie Dough Pancakes
These cookie dough pancakes are a fun and delightful way to upgrade your breakfast meals. Its soft and chewy texture sprinkled with crunchy mini chocolate chips make for a perfect sweet treat.
- Cream the butter, salt, and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed for roughly 5 to 7 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Continue creaming.
- Fold in the flour until evenly incorporated, then fold in the chocolate chips afterwards and set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and milk together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until evenly incorporated. The batter will be somewhat lumpy and thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of soft unsalted butter in a skillet set over medium heat.
- Once melted, add roughly ¼ cup of the pancake batter into the skillet. Spread it into roughly a 4-inch circle.
- Drop about 2 ounce cookie dough over the surface of each pancake. Cook on the first side until the edges are set and bubbles form on the surface.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and lightly press to cook on the second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cookie dough, melting more butter in the skillet to the pan if necessary.
- Stack pancakes onto your serving plate. Either scoop your ice cream and place it on top, or pipe roughly 1 ounce of whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon chocolate chips and serve!
- Sugar: 59g
- Calcium: 256mg
- Calories: 862kcal
- Carbohydrates: 124g
- Cholesterol: 189mg
- Fat: 36g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 6mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 389mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 1165mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1082IU
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I replace all purpose flour with pancake mix?
Pancake mix and all-purpose flour are different in content. Flour is usually made from finely ground grains. Meanwhile, a ready-made mix contains dry leavening ingredients like baking powder and baking soda. So if you’re planning to use one, we advise that you omit these two ingredients from the list. These are the general ingredients in a pancake mix, but they can still vary depending on the brand used. Make sure to read the packaging and double-check the ingredients to know what you should remove before using it.
What can I use if I don’t have chocolate chips?
While we think it’s best to use chocolate chips to achieve that cookie dough texture and finish, we have a couple of alternatives to suggest if you don’t have them. One would be semisweet chocolate chips, which, unlike milk chocolate chips, have the right amount of sweetness for your stuffed pancakes. Other fun variations you can try would be butterscotch or vanilla chips (white chocolate) to ensure that sweet-tasting outcome. For the toppings, make a classic vanilla ice cream recipe or a tasty strawberry-flavored frozen yogurt for a fuller flavor.
ConclusionUpgrade your usual pancakes with these simple yet delicious cookie dough pancakes that are soft and loaded with chocolate chips. These cookie dough griddle cakes are a wonderful addition and the best dessert to serve alongside your favorite savory and classic breakfast meals.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!