These stuffed bell peppers are filled with ground chicken, mushrooms, and green onions mixed with aromatics and sauces. To make it extra mouthwatering, you can top it off with gooey melted cheese.
How To Make Chinese Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Savory chicken stuffed peppers drizzled with homemade black bean sauce!
- Combine all your ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, except for the bell peppers. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Cover and set aside in a chilled area. Allow the protein to firm up, for at least an hour.
- While waiting, cut a ½-inch thick slice from the top of each pepper and set it aside.
- Remove the core, membranes, and seeds of the bell peppers either using a spoon or a sharp paring knife. Gently tap to remove the seeds at the bottom.
- Sprinkle roughly 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and tap to remove any excess. This will allow the filling to stick to the bell peppers.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the proteins have firmed up, fill up your bell peppers.
- Brush the top and the outside of the bell peppers with oil, then place these onto a baking casserole of your choice.
- Roast until the bell peppers are tender and the chicken filling is fully cooked for roughly an hour. Once roasted, remove from the baking casserole and set aside.
Black Bean Sauce:
- Heat up your vegetable oil in a wok or skillet. Add the ginger and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Deglaze with rice wine and reduce briefly.
- Add the rest of your ingredients, except for the cornstarch and sesame oil. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add your cornstarch slurry and reduce to a simmer. Continue simmering until thickened, roughly 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once thickened, add your sesame oil and stir to combine.
- Serve your stuffed bell peppers with your prepared black bean sauce.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 26mg
- Calories: 223kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 774mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 960mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 90IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
You can't go wrong with this loaded stuffed peppers Italian recipe for a hearty dish. They're filled with turkey, brown rice, and cheese.
Stuff some bell peppers with ground beef and cheese to create a delicious baked dish.