Lots of yummy flavor in this spruced up loaf!
How To Make Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf
A mushroom meatloaf recipe that uses bacon and cheese for a nice twist.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr 15 mins
Total: 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 ½ lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 12 oz. bacon, diced
- 6 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 medium white mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup evaporated milk , or Half & Half
- ½ cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp but not burned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool.
- Remove all but a tbsp. of the bacon fat from the skillet and sauté the mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, egg, and milk.
Add the mushroom/onion mixture, all but a few spoonfuls of the Swiss cheese and all but one tbsp. of the bacon bits.
Add the corn flake crumbs and mix well until blended.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a large loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until cooked through.
- Drain fat from the pan and sprinkle the reserved cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 272mg
- Calories: 602kcal
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
- Fat: 38g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 9mg
- Potassium: 657mg
- Protein: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 671mg
- Vitamin A: 673IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!