Want something fast to grab and eat? Everything you want is in this grilled chicken salad wrap recipe. Tender grilled chicken is combined with a sharp lemon taste and your favorite ranch dressing. If you want to cut back on some calories, use a whole wheat tortilla. Read on and discover how you can make this simple dish at home.
For this grilled chicken salad wrap recipe, we are going to use chicken breast. We highly recommend using this part of the chicken because it is relatively meatier and most definitely healthier. Ask your butcher for a pound of fresh chicken breast and start cooking this absolutely delicious recipe.
If you have your preferred dressing, feel free to use it. We suggest making this dish with ranch dressing and some mustard. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and sour with the right hint of bitterness. If you want to try your hands on similar dishes, we recommend for you to try our Tasty Low-Carb Turkey Fajita Wrap.
How To Make Grilled Chicken Salad Wrap
Have an instant lunch with this inexpensive and easy-to-make grilled healthy chicken salad wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F & grease both a roasting tray & hot griddle.
- Place the chicken on the roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper on all sides & brush some lemon juice over & around the chicken.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until done. Set aside and cool.
- When cooled, cut up the chicken breast into strips.
- Spread a thin layer of roughly 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing on top of each tortilla.
- Place roughly 2 tablespoons of lettuce leaves on top until no parts are left unexposed.
- Place 2 ounces of chicken on top of the lettuce and then spread ½ tablespoon of mustard.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of onions, carrots, and cheese, & roughly ¼ lemon zest. Then fold the tortilla into a wrap.
- Place your tortillas onto the griddle & lightly sear on all sides for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with 1 ounce of nacho chips & 2 tablespoons of tomato salsa per serving.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 223mg
- Calories: 482kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Fat: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 522mg
- Protein: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 716mg
- Vitamin A: 2911IU
- Vitamin C: 33mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use other dressing aside from the ranch dressing?
Yes, of course. As we have mentioned above, feel free to use your preferred dressing. If you are not into the combination of ranch dressing and mustard, we suggest using Thousand Island dressing instead. This type of dressing leans more toward the sweet and tangy side.
How long can I store this dish?
This grilled chicken salad wrap is best served hot. But, in cases of leftovers, just make sure to place them inside an airtight container and keep it refrigerated. Toast them in a toaster oven or heat them up using a microwave if you are going to eat them again. This dish can stay in good condition for around 2 to 3 days.
ConclusionNow you can prepare your packed lunch without having to wake up early. This grilled chicken salad wrap is perfect if you are constantly on the move. With this dish, you'll always have a to-go lunch.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!