These turkey and cheese wraps filled with herbs and crunchy vegetables prove that healthy doesn’t have to be boring. If you’re cutting down on carbs, this tasty turkey wrap recipe is perfect for you! It’s delectable, filling, and packed with nutrients to keep you energized throughout the day. Whip up some fruit kabobs to go with your turkey cheese wraps and your healthy lunch is complete.
Tips on Making Turkey Wraps
Wrap recipes give you the best of quick, easy, and healthy to-go bites. Making these wraps is also a good way to use up leftover spreads, meat, and vegetables. Master your way around this turkey wrap recipe with these valuable tips:
- Heat your tortilla wrap. It’s easier to fold and won’t tear while rolling. Heat it for 5 seconds on high in the microwave or on a skillet. Check out this expert technique on how to fold a burrito that you can apply with your wraps.
- As this recipe calls for low-carb flour tortillas, you can alternatively use lettuce to make it a light, yet still filling snack. No need to reheat.
- Whether you are using deli-sliced turkey, smoked turkey, fresh turkey breast, or your Thanksgiving leftovers, make sure that the turkey is thinly sliced. It will be easier to bite and chew later on.
- Saute the ingredients well. This dries out any excess moisture that would otherwise make your wrap soggy.
- Use your favorite spread like hummus, yogurt ranch dip, avocado dip, or pesto. If you’re in for something creamy, upgrade this turkey wrap recipe with cream cheese.
- Include other delicious fillings such as caramelized onion, roasted red peppers, avocado, jalapenos, and cilantro leaves. You can also use goat cheese, provolone cheese, or cream cheese.
- Secure the wraps individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. They keep well in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat on a microwave or on the stovetop for a healthy hot lunch sandwich any time.
How To Make Tasty Low-Carb Turkey Wrap
These turkey wraps make the perfect on-the-go lunch or snack. Filled with cheese and vegetables, they are healthy and delicious at the same time.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet at high temperature.
Add in the onions, garlic, and red peppers. Cook them until they slightly soften.
Add in the turkey breast, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Stir for 5 minutes until the ingredients are cooked enough.
Take a tortilla wrap and spread the turkey mixture over it.
Top it with cheese and sour cream.
Roll the wrap like a burrito. Repeat the process for the remaining tortillas.
Serve and enjoy your healthy delicious and filling meal.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 229mg
- Calories: 275kcal
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 319mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 292mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2417IU
- Vitamin C: 77mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a wrap that is not soggy?
A wrap gets soggy when the ingredients used are too wet. If you’re planning to store them for later, avoid using juicy vegetables like fresh tomatoes. Instead of putting the sauce inside, it will be best to serve it on the side in a separate container.
My tortillas are stuck together. How do I fix this?
Tortillas get stuck together when frozen or stored weighed down. To fix this, simply wrap the tortillas using a damp paper towel. Blast them in the microwave on medium in 10-second intervals until they are warm and pliable. After that, you can easily peel each tortilla off the other.
ConclusionIf you are after a quick, healthy but still delicious lunch, you can never go wrong with a turkey wrap. It is a complete meal with protein and vegetables, made even tastier with herbs and spices. Make a bunch of them ahead and you won’t worry about your quick on-the-go lunch for the whole week.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!