Who says vegans can’t enjoy burgers? Nowadays, meatless burgers are making an appearance in the market as a healthier alternative to your usual burgers. As a matter of fact, even restaurants are hopping on this trend and offers their own veggie burger recipe.
If you want to try some veggie burger, you don’t need to go out to the nearest restaurant. Read on and discover how you can recreate this Red Robin-inspired veggie burger dish. No worries, this recipe is easy and simple.
Now you can have burgers without excess calories. Serve this veggie burger dish for lunch or dinner or even for parties and picnics. It will surely be a hit. You’ll forget that there is no actual meat inside.
How To Make Copycat Red Robin Veggie Burger
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium sized carrot grated
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- 3/4 cup thawed edamame soy beans
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 6 onion rolls toasted cheese rolls or your choice
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms, bell pepper and soybeans.
- Let these cook for about three minutes.
- Stir in the garlic salt and paprika, followed by the carrot, Greek yogurt, green onions and egg.
- Lower the stove to medium low and let these cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper before removing from the burner.
- Mix in the bread crumbs and allow the mixture to cool before shaping it into six veggie patties.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving on toasted rolls with condiments and other veggies of your choice.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Are Veggie Burgers Healthy?
There has been a lot of debate over the advantages and disadvantages of eating veggie burgers. Most businesses that offer this dish will, of course, back the studies indicating that it is safe and a healthy alternative to the usual burger. Nowadays, it is still under debate on whether veggie burgers are healthy for our bodies. But eating in moderation is good.
With this veggie burger recipe, you no longer have to go out and wait in line at Red Robin to have your fill. Serve this with tea or juice whenever and wherever you want.