This savory recipe combines a protein and herb-rich vegetarian patty with cucumber, tomato, lettuce, and Swiss cheese to make a veggie burger of restaurant-level quality. Try with mustard and ketchup for a delicious lunch or dinner sandwich!
How To Make Better Than Burger King's Veggie Burger
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. diced black olives
- 1/2 tbsp. diced garlic diced
- 4 oz. black beans drained
- 4 oz. chickpeas drained
- 4 oz. white beans drained
- 6 oz. rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 2 tbsp. seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 Lettuce
- 1 slice cucumber
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Add all raw vegetable to saute pan filled with one ounce of olive oil, holding back beans for late.
- Heat and saute mixed vegetables on medium until translucent and tender, then remove and cool.
- Add bean to vegetable stir-fry along with spices, mix ingredients, then form mixture into 4 patties.
- Cover these patties and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Clean saute pan and add another ounce of olive oil.
- Cook patties on pan over medium for six minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve on buns with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber toppings.