This tangy chicken is grilled to perfection, and then topped with homemade salsa. This Red Robin-inspired dish is delicious and easy to make!
How To Make Red Robin's Grilled Chicken (Copycat)
This version of Red Robin\’s grilled chicken recipe is smokey and savory. Paired with a few spices and salsa for a bright and crisp touch.
For Grilled Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, (roughly 6 oz each), boneless, skinless
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- cooking spray
For Tomato Salsa:
- 1½ cups tomatoes, chopped, no need to deseed
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup green bell peppers, or yellow, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, or other potatoes, or side salad, done to your preference
- ⅓ cup tomato salsa, per serving
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
- Preheat the grill and grease with cooking spray.
- Start with the dry rub. Combine the salt, chili and garlic powders, and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with the prepared dry rub. Allow the chicken to marinate briefly for at least 15 minutes.
- When ready, grill the chicken for 6 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Top the chicken with ⅓ cup of the salsa. Serve together with potatoes or side salad of your choice.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, red wine vinegar, bell peppers, cumin, coriander, and olive oil together.
- Stir until the ingredients are well blended, then season with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly and set aside.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 33mg
- Calories: 349kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 568mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1962mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 963IU
- Vitamin C: 43mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!