Few recipes say “Christmas” quite like spiral ham. Liven up your presentation this year with a helping of hickory smoked flavor.
How To Make Heavenly Hickory Smoked Ham
- 3 lb. spiral-sliced ham
- Dry rub
- Raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce
- Hickory chips
- Worcestershire spray
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (300-350 degrees) and turn off one side so you will be cooking with indirect heat. Add wet hickory chips over the fire and oil the grill.
- A cooking spray is easiest for this. (Note: you can add hickory directly to the grill or you can use foil smoke packets. Two handfuls wet chips and one dry, fold foil into a packet, poke holes in it with a fork and you're good to go.)
- I use a spray bottle when cooking on the grill filled with a Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke mix that keeps things moist and adds tons of flavors. (Mix is 3 parts Worcestershire with 1 part liquid smoke.)
- Spray the ham with the Worcestershire spray, then sprinkle dry rub on the ham and rub it into the meat.
- Place the ribs on the cool side of the grill, for 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Keep the heat around 350 degrees and add hickory chips as needed.
- To keep the ham moist every time you add hickory, spray them with the Worcestershire spray.