Dependant on what you are looking for, this recipe can be made with or without sugar.
Jalapeno Apricot Preserves Recipe
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers seeded and finely minced
- 1 ½ cup dried apricots finely chopped
- 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large sweet red pepper seeded and finely minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cup granulated sugar
- 3 oz liquid pectin
- 4 drops red food coloring
Put jalapenos, sweet red pepper, lemon juice and vinegar into a blender. Puree until coarsely ground.
Combine apricots, sugar and jalapeno mixture in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and rapidly cook for 5 minutes. Then, remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Mix in liquid pectin and food coloring and boil for one minute.
Ladle into sterilized jars.
- Wipe rims. Cap and seal.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!