This recipe involves a bit of work, but the final thing is worth it. The soft vegetables coupled with nutty flavor will surely make you repeat this recipe over and over. If you are a vegetarian, it’s perfect as a main dish!
How To Make Carrot Potato and Leek Casserole
- 5 peeled red potatoes sliced thinly
- 6 oz Swiss cheese
- 5 eggs beaten
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- ground pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 2 leeks sliced thinly
- 3 carrots sliced thinly
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, coat an 8x8 inch glass casserole dish with butter. After that, halve the leeks and cut them into circles.
- Place the leeks, carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper in water and boil them for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften. Drain afterward.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cheese and add the eggs and the milk. Whisk thoroughly until a saucy substance is formed.
- Place 1/3 of the sauce into the glass dish and top it with 1/3 of the veggies as well as the bacon. Repeat this process until all the sauce and vegetables are used up.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 55 minutes. Once your casserole is done baking, serve and enjoy!