We know you love the usual healthy smoothies loaded with berries like this triple berry smoothie, but we have a unique suggestion for your next go-to cooler. There’s nothing more refreshing and delicious than waking up to a healthy kiwi mango lassi smoothie every morning. This lassi recipe will surely give you an energy boost that will keep you going throughout the day!
What Is Lassi?
Lassi is a popular Indian yoghurt drink. In addition to yoghurt, this blend also has water, spices, and sometimes, fruit. It’s up to you if you want a sour, sweet, or even a salty quencher. The great thing about this lassi drink is it’s so easy to experiment with since there are so many flavors that can work with it.
Tips for Making Kiwi Mango Lassi
Cut off those powdered juice and store-bought juice boxes packed with tons of sugar and gather the healthiest fruits you can find in your fridge. Switch to this healthy and delicious homemade lassi for your new favorite kiwi mango drink. Meanwhile, keep these handy tips in mind while making this 10-minute mango lassi recipe:
- Aside from kiwi, you can add a cup of frozen fruits of your choice. You can pick strawberries, blueberries, bananas, pineapples, cherries, and peaches. It will all taste great in your mango smoothie and can help thicken your drink too.
- Feel free to add some leafy veggies too. Spinach, kale, and celery are superb healthy additions to this drink.
- Other delicious mango lassi ingredients can include chia seeds, nuts, and almond milk to make your vegetarian smoothie even more delightful.
- Thicken the consistency of your smoothie by adding quinoa or oatmeal. They’re both rich in fiber and protein. If you’re looking for a vegan mix, you can try our luscious strawberry smoothie made with soy, oat, or almond milk.
How To Make Kiwi Mango Lassi Smoothie
This kiwi mango lassi is going to be your new favorite thirst quencher. The fruity mixture of using kiwi and mango brings you refreshingly sweet hydration.
- Add the kiwi, mango nectar, mango, yogurt, ground flax seeds and ice cubes into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Serve with kiwi slices while cold, and enjoy!
- Sugar: 33g
- Calcium: 119mg
- Calories: 192kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 524mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 31mg
- Vitamin A: 1568IU
- Vitamin C: 145mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Is mango lassi good for your health?
Yes, it’s good for diabetics, your heart and weight loss. You don’t need added sugar as mangoes are already rich in fructose. Mango lassi also aids in digestion, is rich in probiotics, improves bone health, boosts immunity, and lastly, it’s good for your skin.
How do I sweeten a smoothie?
Other than sugar, you can use all-natural sweeteners to sweeten your drink. Maple syrup is a great option because it adds the taste of caramel. Another great option is honey as it is low in calories. You can add in other sweet fruits such as grapes, pears, and strawberries for their fructose. For this recipe, try to buy sweet mangoes to naturally sweeten your smoothie.
ConclusionNot only is this kiwi mango lassi smoothie delicious and refreshing, it also has many health benefits. You can even mix in your choice of fruits and leafy greens in your healthy smoothie to make it tastier. Serve it cold and top it with your favorite nuts, seeds and spices.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!