The addition of cottage cheese and pecans makes for a fine jello salad. This isn’t too sweet and is perfect for a meal.
How To Make Furr's Light Green Jello Salad
- 2 Box Lime Gelatin 3 oz
- 20 oz. Crushed pineapple drained
- 16 oz. Carton Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pecans very finely crushed
- 8 oz. Carton Whipped Topping Cool Whip
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup Cold Water
- In large mixing bowl empty gelatin.
- Add the two C. of boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour 1 C. cold water into mixture and blend.
- To mixture, add drained crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and whipped topping.
- Stir mixture until whipped topping is smooth and blended.
- There should be no large lumps of topping.
- Pour into a 13" x 13" pan and sprinkle nuts on top, chill until set.
Calories: 2111kcal | Carbohydrates: 314g | Protein: 76g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 2648mg | Potassium: 1505mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 294g | Vitamin A: 1086IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 660mg | Iron: 3mg