If you’re just learning to bake sweet treats for yourself or for your family members, this can be a good start on learning about icing. This is an easy recipe to follow if you want to use homemade icing instead of the boring icings that you can buy at the store. A creamy caramel flavor that’s perfect for bars, cakes, and even muffins.
How To Make Easy Caramel Icing
This caramel icing recipe can quickly turn your simple baked goods into delicious treats topped with sweet frosting.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch and set aside.
- Combine egg yolk and ¼ cup of evaporated milk in another mixing bowl and mix into the sugar and cornstarch mixture, whisk until smooth, and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk and 1¼ cup of evaporated milk and set aside.
- Caramelize ¼ cup of sugar in a deep skillet and add the condensed milk mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until smooth.
- Turn off the heat and temper your egg mixture with roughly ⅓ cup of the caramel mixture.
- Return the tempered mixture into the caramel mixture and turn the stove on low heat.
- Continue mixing until thickened and set aside at room temp to cool down.
- Transfer into a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Keep in the chiller for 3 hours or overnight.
- Once it's ready you can use this for your prepared cake and enjoy.
- Sugar: 93g
- Calcium: 655mg
- Calories: 713kcal
- Carbohydrates: 104g
- Cholesterol: 331mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 793mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 278mg
- Vitamin A: 924IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!