A luscious and creamy chocolate cheesecake is a tempting dessert but making it can be tricky. So if you’re craving one but are a bit inexperienced in baking, then you just found the right recipe! We’ll teach you how to make an easy no bake chocolate cheesecake that only requires 30 minutes of prep and the rest will just be chilling your cake to set. Enjoy this delectable cheesecake with dalgona coffee for the ultimate coffee shop vibe.
Tips for Making No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
No bake chocolate cheesecake is undeniably one of the best and easiest desserts to make. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll make the next even more delicious than the last. Here are some tricks you might want to keep in mind:
- Do not overbeat the cream. Just enough until it forms stiff peaks. This will give you a thick and fluffy texture and later on.
- Don’t mix the mixture for too long, it will result in a very soft consistency that will not be able to hold up.
- When melting the chocolate, make sure it will not have contact with water to avoid seizing. If this happens, you may have to start with a new batch of chocolate.
- Make sure that your melted chocolate is cool before adding it to the mixture. This is to ensure that the temperature will not ruin your cake’s texture.
- Top it with your favorite toppings, like a strawberry rhubarb compote for one. You can also enjoy this no bake chocolate cheesecake with cocoa powder or make it on top. Dust it with a little bit of cocoa powder for a pleasant elegant look. Feel free to add anything you enjoy eating with this oh-so-scrumptious dessert!
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
This super decadent yet easy cheesecake recipe has the world’s favorite Oreo cookie as its crust with just the right sweetness of creamy chocolate cheesecake filling.
In a bowl, mix the crushed Oreos and melted butter together.
Transfer the mixture into the pan and spread flatten to create the base. Set aside to chill.
Mix cream cheese and confectioners sugar until well-incorporated.
In a large bowl, place the chocolates and melt them over boiling water. Once melted, add the vanilla extract.
Fold the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
Fold in the whipped topping and mix until well-incorporated.
Pour the filling into the pan with the crust.
Place the chocolate cheesecake in your fridge. Keep it chilled for 4 to 6 hours or overnight, until firm.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and drizzle chocolate sauce before serving!
- Sugar: 21g
- Calcium: 76mg
- Calories: 412kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Fat: 31g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 217mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 774IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my no bake cheesecake not firm?
There are several factors that may have caused this problem. One of them is that your cheesecake didn’t have enough time in the fridge. You should be chilling it for at least 4 hours in the fridge to set, but it’s best to leave it overnight. Another reason the filling did not set is that you have over-mixed it. You might have knocked out all the air in the mixture, making the filling too soft.
How do you stiffen a no bake cheesecake?
To stiffen your chocolate cheesecake, make sure to beat the cold heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Note that beating whipped filling too much will result in a runny consistency. If this happens, your no bake cheesecake will not set. Folding it gently is another way to ensure that you trap the necessary air inside the mixture. In case your cheesecake is too runny, you can use gelatin to help your cheesecake firm up.
ConclusionThis no bake cheesecake is rich in luscious chocolate flavor, from the delicious Oreo crust to the cream chocolate filling. It’s a decadent treat and a quick chocolate cheesecake recipe that you and your guests will surely enjoy on any occasion.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!