If you’re in the mood for something sweet or need to whip up a quick item to bring to a potluck, this no-bake chocolate cheesecake is just what you’re looking for. As the name suggests, there is no baking involved making it easy-peasy. What we especially love about no-bake recipes is the significant decrease in clean-up required after!
This recipe calls from crushed Oreo cookies as the base of your chocolate cheesecake. However, if you’re not a fan we will provide some alternatives at the end of this recipe!
Be prepared to blow your guests away with the recipe that has all the bells and whistles of slaving away in the kitchen when in reality, you will need no more than an hour.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe Video
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 24 Crushed Oreos
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 20 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 4 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Whipped Topping
- Start removing the frosting from your Oreos. Place Oreo cookies into a ziplock bag and crush.
- Pour crushed Oreos into a mixing bowl and add melted butter.
- Stir to ensure that the butter is evenly distributed throughout the crushed Oreos.
- Line the base of your cake tin with parchment paper. This step is not essential but it makes things easier when you want to remove and serve the cake.
- Spread and flatten the Oreo mix to create the base of your cheesecake. You can use a spatula or the base of a glass - or even your hands if you prefer. Let set in the fridge while you move on to the next steps.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form. You can use a handheld mixer for this step!
- Use a double-boiler to melt the unsweetened baking chocolate.
- Add vanilla extract to melted chocolate. Stir well.
- Add the melted chocolate, a little at a time, to the cream cheese mixture. Fold chocolate in so as not to over mix.
- Next, fold the whipped topping into the mixture. Once again, be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin. Spread and ensure you get some of the mixture in all the corners and edges of your tin.
- Pop into the fridge for 4 - 5 hours or overnight and allow to set.
- Top with whipped cream, more chocolate and even fresh fruit before serving!
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
What can I substitute Oreos with?
As mentioned, we used Oreos in this specific recipe. However, if you’re not a fan or don’t want to be left with a bowl of Oreo frosting (although we don’t see the problem), you can swap them out for any cookie of your choice.
We find that chocolate chip cookies are a great alternative for Oreos. You might also want to half the amount of melted chocolate and make up for it with chocolate chips if you’re going with a chocolate chip cookie base! This will leave you with a no-bake chocolate chip cheesecake.
We guarantee that whichever you choose, you’re going to walk away from a very impressed party.