Cici’s Pizza has a variety of delicious pizzas to choose from! They have different flavored flatbread pizzas, stuffed crusts, and deep dish ones. But what remains the most iconic in their menu is their dessert pizzas, such as the Bavarian cream and Apple cinnamon. Instead of meat and veggies, these “pizzas” are covered with a variety of sweet toppings. For this Cici’s dessert pizza copycat recipe, we’re recreating an old favorite that we’re sure everyone still misses: Cici’s chocolate flavored dessert pizza. It tastes just as wonderful as their other dessert pizzas with its sweet chocolate pudding sauce and homemade sugar crumble topping.
Tips on Making Copycat CiCi’s Dessert Pizza
Nothing beats a classic chocolate flavored dessert! What makes this inspired Cici’s dessert pizza recipe wonderful is that you can have extra fun with the toppings. There are a lot of ways you can make a chocolate pizza slice taste even more exciting. We listed some helpful tips below so that you can fully enjoy your own homemade dessert pizza:
- Make your own homemade pizza dough for a fresher tasting pizza. Aside from that, you can also adjust the thickness of your pizza crust to your liking. You can even cut the dough into smaller pieces to make a batch of miniature sized pizzas that’s perfect for sharing. Making pizza dough from scratch is another great way to enjoy a fresh and crisp pizza crust!
- Experiment with different flavored doughs. Instead of a normal pizza dough, you can also try making this no-bake cookie dough recipe. Get a round baking pan and make your dessert pizza even sweeter and more flavorful with a flavored cookie dough as the crust!
- Try using cream cheese instead of chocolate pudding mix. If you prefer a creamier pizza “sauce” with a bit of delicious tang, then try mixing cream cheese with sugar, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate chips. This cream cheese mixture is another wonderful pizza “sauce” alternative you can try to enhance your dessert pizza.
- Get creative with your toppings. A great tasting pizza needs the right toppings, and the same goes for this dessert pizza recipe! Besides the crumb topping, you can also experiment with fresh fruits like strawberries, kiwis, or banana slices. Cinnamon with white icing glaze also works with this recipe. Or, stick with the simpler kind of toppings such as mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and even chopped nuts.
How To Make Copycat CiCi's Dessert Pizza
Made with chocolate pudding and homemade crumble topping, this copycat Cici’s dessert pizza is for every chocolate lover. It’s a delicious dessert you can make in just less than an hour. Enjoy this perfect dessert pizza with your family or friends.
- Preheat your oven to 440 degrees F and grease a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare flavored pudding mix as directed in the package. Set aside. For our pudding, we added 2 cups of milk as directed on the packaging. Heat the mixture over medium heat and stir continuously until thickened.
- Prepare your crumb topping. Combine both sugars, salt, and flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter. Working with your hands, massage the butter into your flour mixture until it forms a texture of coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Dust your working area with flour. Roll your dough into a circular shape until you reach roughly 3 cm thick. Transfer onto your greased pizza pan.
- Dock dough with a fork. Bake for roughly 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread your prepared pudding on the dough, and sprinkle with roughly ½ cup of crumb topping.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool briefly once baked. Portion accordingly and serve.
- Sugar: 17g
- Calcium: 5mg
- Calories: 247kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 14mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 413mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 177IU
Frequently Asked Questions
Is dessert pizza really pizza?
A dessert pizza is not really a pizza, though you could consider it a type of pizza in a non-traditional sense. It’s prepared the same way as a normal pizza. It also has the crust, sauce, and toppings which you can style in a variety of ways. The only difference is that a dessert pizza is on the sweeter side and, of course, served as an after-meal dessert treat.
Does dessert pizza need to be refrigerated?
Yes. Store your leftover dessert pizzas in a sealed container and then place inside the fridge where it will last for up to 3 days. Avoid freezing your chocolate dessert pizza as it can affect the texture of the crust and chocolate pudding. Although you can store the leftovers, we recommend that you immediately consume the dessert pizza after baking. Storing it in the refrigerator for long periods of time would make the crust spongy.
ConclusionEnjoy an inspired Cici’s dessert pizza with this quick, easy, and budget friendly recipe! Make pizzas even better by turning them into sweet treats for the kids. This chocolate pizza is a great dessert to share with a big crowd of pizza and chocolate lovers.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!