Enjoy your breakfast potatoes by turning them into crispy and crunchy hash browns! Everyone will love this, specifically the kids, especially when you serve them with breakfast sausages and sunny side up eggs. Hash browns are very simple to make as they have easy-to-find ingredients. All you need to do is to follow this crispy hash browns recipe and you’re on your way to a great head start!
Tips on Cooking Hash Browns
Aside from being crunchy, we want to achieve that finely grated, well-seasoned, and golden-brown result. In order to get that, here are some tips you might want to remember in making them:
- Get all the moisture out. Drench the potatoes with water to get rid of the extra starch. Dry them out afterward with paper towels, getting as much moisture out as you can. You can also parboil your potatoes for 10 minutes before actually cooking them for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use enough oil to cover the surface of your pan. Make sure it’s hot enough before you put the potatoes in so they won’t stick to the pan. You can also cook hash browns in bacon grease for savory hints of meat.
- Cook hash browns in thin sheets for crispier results!
- Let it cook on its own without flipping it every second, unless you want shredded hash browns. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes or until your hash browns have crispy edges and a golden brown look. You can flip them easier this way. It also ensures that they’re cooked evenly.
- You can use other spices like kosher salt or garlic powder to flavor your hash browns, too. You’ll be surprised by how seasoning takes your potatoes to a whole other level.
Now, if you want to know how to make delicious crunchy air fryer-cooked hash browns, make sure to check our CAQ section below!
How To Make Crispy Crunchy Hash Browns
Turn your favorite shredded potatoes into crunchy, crispy hash browns and incorporate them into your morning meals! So simple yet satisfyingly good!
Heat the clarified butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
Put the shredded potatoes into the heated butter and season them with salt and black pepper.
Cook and stir the potatoes for 5 minutes until brown crust forms.
Continue to cook and flip until the potatoes are browned all over.
Once they're cooked, you can serve this with shaved parmesan and parsley.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 22mg
- Calories: 289kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 489mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 271mg
- Vitamin A: 1004IU
- Vitamin C: 22mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I air fry hash browns?
If you want a healthier version of hash browns, all you have to do is air fry them. Preheat your air fryer at 360 degrees F. Grease your air fryer basket with oil and place the hash browns into the basket. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden brown on both sides. Finally, serve and enjoy your crispy crunchy air fryer hash browns!
How do I make hash brown patties?
Simply add one egg to this recipe to make your patties. Beat the egg and mix it with all other ingredients for it to hold together. Take a scoop for you to fry, and wait until it’s brown before you flip it!
ConclusionHash browns have simple ingredients yet they’re bursting with flavors that will give you a truly satisfying breakfast. You can easily achieve the crispy texture everyone wants in a matter of minutes and serve it with egg and bacon for a full-on hearty first nosh of the day!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!