Inspired by Denny’s and diners everywhere, these classic hash browns are guaranteed to satisfy. Always crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, it will be hard to stop eating them once you start!
How To Make Crispy Crunchy Hash Browns
- 2 russet peeled potatoes
- 3 tbsp clarified butter
- salt and ground pepper for seasoning
- Shred the potatoes in a large bowl filled with cold water.
- Stir until water is cloudy. If so drain and submerge the potatoes again under new cold water. Then stir again to dissolve starch.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry them with paper towels to squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Heat the clarified butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Put the shredded potatoes into the heated butter and season them with salt and black pepper.
- Cook and stir the potatoes for 5 minutes until brown crust forms. Continue to cook and stir until the potatoes are browned all over. Once they're cooked, you are now ready to serve.