Classic hash browns are delicious and go well with breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are easy to make and make a tasty addition with sausages, pork or just by themselves.
How To Make Classic Hash Browns
- 5 potatoes
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 small onion
- To make hash browns, first boil a pan of water.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, skin four or five medium-sized potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes until medium tender.
- In the meantime, fry out five to six slices of bacon.
- Put the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Pour out about a third of the grease and then add about two tablespoons of butter.
- Dice up a small onion.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain the water and let the potatoes cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then on a large plate, slice the potatoes medium to thin.
- Put the potatoes, onion, and pieces of bacon in the skillet and fry out.
- After ten minutes, flip the potatoes and fry for an additional ten minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and you have a great meal!