Enjoy a mouthwatering dinner meal with this beef casserole recipe! It’s mixed with vegetables, and topped off with frozen hash browns for a truly filling dish.
How To Make Potato & Beef Casserole
This beef casserole recipe is baked with tender potatoes and a rich tomato sauce. The ideal dish for the next family potluck!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until cornstarch has dissolved and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and saute for 5 minutes until beef is cooked through. Drain any excess oil and set it aside.
- Using the same skillet (wipe with a kitchen towel if necessary), heat up 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 6 to 8 minutes until mushrooms release their moisture and vegetables are translucent.
- Return the cooked beef back to the skillet and add thawed vegetables. Saute briefly.
- Add the beef broth mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Transfer your beef mixture into a baking casserole of your choice and sprinkle cheese to cover.
- Toss the diced hash browns in the remaining oil, then add into the casserole to cover.
- Broil for about 10 minutes until the hash browns turn golden brown.
- Once done, transfer onto cooling racks to cool down briefly. Portion accordingly, garnish with parsley, and serve!
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 146mg
- Calories: 358kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 638mg
- Protein: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 349mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2547IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!