This quick efficient taco salad recipe is sure to please! I suggest assembling all the ingredients first and tossing them just before serving to keep the lettuce and chips crisp.
How To Make Three-Step Taco Salad
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 1.25-oz. pkg. taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 8 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cup bite-sized baked tortilla chips
- 2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1 15-oz. can kidney or black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ripe black olives sliced
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it browns. Stir frequently in order to crumble the beef.
- Next, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the sour cream and salsa in a small bowl. In a separate large bowl, combine the beef mixture, iceberg lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and beans.
- Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the salad and toss gently. Sprinkle it with the remaining cheese and black olives then serve immediately. Enjoy!