If you’re trying to stay away from high-carb dishes, this easy to make no-crust Saturday night pizza crisps are sure to satisfy your cravings and still remain keto-friendly. With this simple pizza crisp recipe, you can enjoy all the familiar flavors of the all time comfort food without ruining your ketogenic diet.
Once you’re familiar with the basics, you can opt to spice this pizza crisp recipe any way you like. Try a variety of your favourite deli meats or throw in some chili flakes for an extra punch. The possibilities are practically limitless.
We love serving these at game night. However, be warned, make a big batch as these don’t stick around for long especially amongst a group of hungry fans.
How To Make Saturday Night Pizza Crisps
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- ¾ cup low moisture mozzarella
- ½ cup mini pepperoni
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- To make this recipe at home, begin by preheating your oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pile mounds of shredded parmesan cheese on the baking sheet. These will act as the base of your ‘pizza’.
- Repeat this process by combining the low moisture mozzarella cheese atop the parmesan cheese.
- Using a spoon, flatten out the mounds of cheese. Pat down into small disc-like shapes. You don’t have to be perfect with the proportions but the mozzarella to parmesan ratio should be around 3 to 1.
- Next, top with mini pepperonis and sprinkle with italian seasoning. You can always customize your pizza with any number of ingredients. Try adding chilli flakes for an extra bite!
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Let the crisps sit for a few minutes to cool and harden up.
- Remove and serve the pizza crisps with marinara dipping sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
I don’t have pepperoni, what can I use instead?
You can switch up pepperoni with another protein, for example you can always use ground beef or chicken strips. However, remember to cook your meat-based proteins before using them as toppings
How do I make marinara sauce?
To make the marinara dipping sauce, add 1 medium-sized diced onion to a heated skillet. Stir until translucent, add a tablespoon of finely diced garlic to the onion and sauté lightly. Next, pour in your marinara sauce and allow to simmer on low-heat. Add a pinch of brown sugar to neutralize the acidity in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until cool or room temperature. Serve in a bowl alongside your pizza crisps and enjoy with family and friends.