Cinnamon is one of those flavors we all grew up loving, which is why our top favorite snacks include cinnamon roll and cinnamon toast. This cinnamon sugar tortilla roll-up dish is an easy 15-minute no-knead, no proof time version of those treats, stuffed with cream cheese! They’re sweet, buttery, creamy, and just delicious. It’s one of those dessert recipes that’s perfect for your midnight sweet cinnamon cravings. Serve this tortilla dessert with Vietnamese iced coffee and chopped fresh fruits on the side.
Tips on Making Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Roll-Ups
As mentioned earlier, this is an easy 15-minute recipe for baked cinnamon tortilla roll-ups that involves only a handful of common ingredients to make. Aside from that, we have more tips and techniques for you! These will ensure that you’ll make them perfectly at home every time.
- Use flour tortillas. Flour tortillas are best for sweet tortilla dessert recipes such as this! Corn tortillas go better with savory and salty recipes but you can still use them if they’re the only ones available.
- Fill each flour tortilla with just enough; do not overfill. This is so that you’ll be able to roll them tightly without the filling overflowing. Secure each roll with a toothpick, if needed.
- Try different flavors! You can replace the cinnamon with cocoa powder or pumpkin spice for a twist. You can also toss in chopped up berries and nuts with the cream cheese filling for added texture and flavor.
- Make cinnamon sugar tortilla roll-ups ahead. You can assemble, individually wrap in parchment paper, and freeze them for up to 2 months. Just thaw in the fridge overnight or in the microwave on High for 1 minute before baking.
- Serve the cinnamon sugar tortilla as dessert nachos by slicing the flour tortillas into chips instead! You can use a pizza cutter or cookie cutters for this. Serve the cinnamon tortilla chips with the cream cheese filling as a dip, fruit salsa, peanut butter, whipped cream, or any of your favorite dessert dips. It also makes a great ice cream topping for vanilla ice cream!
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Roll-up
This recipe for cinnamon sugar tortilla roll-ups makes buttery cream cheese-filled cinnamon tortilla with some crunch from granulated sugar for a satisfying treat. Make this Mexican sweet treat in just 15 minutes!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet by brushing with melted butter.
- In a mixing bowl, add granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Whisk until evenly incorporated and set aside.
- Spread roughly 4 tablespoons of cream cheese and roll the tortilla tightly until it forms a long tube.
- Dip the tortilla in melted butter and coat with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place these onto your greased baking sheet.
- Bake until the tortilla becomes crispy, roughly 10 minutes.
- You can serve these as-is, or slice them into halves. You can also serve this with ice cream of your choice.
- Sugar: 36g
- Calcium: 57mg
- Calories: 408kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Fat: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 65mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 133mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 984IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make cinnamon sugar tortilla in the air fryer?
Yes! Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook the tortilla for 5 minutes or longer if needed, until golden brown.
How to store cinnamon tortilla roll-ups?
Place them in a ziplock bag or an airtight container. The cinnamon sugar tortilla rolls will stay good for 3 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them, baked or unbaked, for up to 2 months.
ConclusionEnjoy heavenly bites of this sweet and buttery cinnamon sugar tortilla roll-up! This cream-cheese filled tortilla dessert will surely satisfy you on any day.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!