A one-dish meal for the busy mom! It takes no more than two hours to cook and serves enough for the entire family! This veggie casserole recipe only requires you to assemble the ingredients in a baking dish and let it cook until done.
How To Make Meat, Potato and Veggie Casserole
A veggie casserole recipe that\’s made with filling ground beef, green beans, and luscious potatoes for a hearty dinner meal.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat up a skillet with oil. Add beef and saute until caramelized. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the minced onions and saute briefly.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce briefly, then set aside.
- Assemble this by layering half of the potatoes at the bottom of your preferred baking casserole.
- Layer the carrots next, and celery on top.
- Sprinkle some thyme, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked ground beef next, followed by the green beans, and diced onions.
- Next, add the tomatoes, and finally the remaining potatoes on top.
- Cover it with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 360 degrees F, and continue baking for roughly 1 hour, or until vegetables turn tender.
- Towards the last 10 minutes of baking, remove and discard the foil. Sprinkle the cheese on top and continue baking, until cheese has melted.
- Portion accordingly and garnish with parsley.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 164mg
- Calories: 322kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 908mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 173mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 5659IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Bars and Brownies
If you enjoy seafood dishes, then you should try cooking this vegetable casserole! Whip up this dish with baked salmon for a great meal.