Texas Roadhouse is famous for its hearty portions and legendary grilled meats. However, among these popular menu items are the hand-made sides and of course, freshly baked bread. Texas Roadhouse is one of those restaurants where the bread is just as good as the main meal. Many adore this barbeque restaurant’s scrumptious rolls recipe and we can see why. The Texas Roadhouse rolls are buttery, chewy, and best served warm. Don’t forget generously slathered with the honey cinnamon butter. Likewise, this recipe gives you just that – complete with the butter!
This Texas Roadhouse rolls recipe will hit the spot right as far as appetizers go. It has the perfect light flavor for cleansing the palate and exciting you for the next course. Its tender and fluffy textures are perfect for soaking up the warm honey cinnamon butter sauce. In fact, you might find it hard to resist dipping too much into the creamy cinnamon butter sauce!
Make these rolls in big batches and freeze for later. Why? Because they will most certainly become a staple in your home and you’ll want to be able to have one ready to eat right away. For more Texas Roadhouse copycat dishes, try their absolutely delicious Copycat Onion Blossom Recipe. It’s going to give your home the full steakhouse experience.
How to make Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls Recipe
Buttery, tender, and with just a hint of sweetness to delight your tastebuds. The ideal dinner rolls from Texas Roadhouse.
- In a bowl, mix together water, sugar, and yeast until well combined.
- Let yeast bloom for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, milk, sugar, salt, and butter until well combined.
- Mix in the bloomed yeast mixture and mix to combine.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour, little by little until all the flour has been incorporated.
- Mix until everything is well incorporated. If the dough still seems too wet, carefully add more flour a little bit at a time until the dough comes together and comes off clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Flour a flat surface and roll out the dough.
- Start kneading by hand for about 10 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic and the gluten has fully developed.
- Place the dough in a floured and oiled bowl. Let it rest and rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- After resting, cut dough into 8 portions and roll them into spheres.
- Roll out and flatten the portioned spheres and cut into small squares.
- Line the dough shapes onto a greased baking tray and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Honey Cinnamon Butter:
- To make the Honey Cinnamon Butter: Combine cinnamon, powdered sugar, honey, and butter in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Once the rolls are out of the oven, brush immediately with melted butter.
- Serve with the honey cinnamon butter and enjoy!
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 19mg
- Calories: 174kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 58mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 211mg
- Vitamin A: 61IU
Commonly Asked Questions
How long can I store bread?
Usually, store-bought bread can be stored in the pantry or the refrigerator for at least a week or more. However, for homemade bread like this copycat recipe, it will only take a couple of days. If you’re fortunate, your bread will last to at least 5 days in the pantry, and a week in the refrigerator. However, if you want to have these rolls in-stock, you can freeze them after forming them into their final shape. Then you can just take them out to thaw and bake whenever you crave them!
Can I bake the rolls ahead?
Yes. However, as we have mentioned above, you have to be mindful of the duration in which you’re going to store your bread. We recommend serving it immediately. You can also freeze them which can keep them good for about a month. After baking them, let them cool completely and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Then, place them in an air-tight container and into the freezer. Thaw for 30 minutes before reheating!
ConclusionYou'll never have to suffer through your bread cravings again. Have these Texas Roadhouse Rolls in the comfort of your own kitchen. Since it's just you at home, you can be as generous with that honey cinnamon butter sauce as you want. We recommend eating it while hot!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!