This fish recipe is perfect for date night! The cod is baked in the oven, while scallops and spinach are sautéed to perfection.
How To Make Cod, Scallops, and Spinach
- 6 good-sized sea scallops shelled and cleaned
- 2 Large Cod Fillets
- 6 oz. spinach washed and stems trimmed
- Fresh nutmeg for grating
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Season cod with salt and pepper. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Now prepare the spinach and scallops, while cod is in the oven.
- In a skillet, melt a tbs of butter on medium/high heat.
- Add in spinach and cook for a minute. Strain spinach and keep liquid for later.
- In a different skillet, add coconut oil on medium/high heat.
- Add in scallops and let cook for a few minutes. Add another tbs of butter and flip over. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few more minutes and take off heat.
- In the vegetable skillet, add remaining butter on medium/high heat with vegetable juice and nutmeg.
- Blend together for a few minutes.
- Serve spinach with scallops and pour sauce over them. Add cod on top.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 76mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 266IU | Calcium: 3mg