Eating a sandwich in a pita pocket is a great way to switch up your lunch and it can also be more carb-friendly.
How To Make Pork Pocket Sandwiches
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 2 pitas halved
- 1 small red onion peeled and sliced thin
- Cut pork crosswise into thin slices. Slice them into strips 5x1/2 inches.
- Combine oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Pour over pork slices, cover and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Drain marinade from pork and roast slices in preheated 450 degree oven. Roast until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Open each pita half to form a pocket. Divide pork among the four halves.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, crushed garlic and dill weed. Use to top the sandwiches, along with the red onion.