Take your usual salad recipe to the next level with this copycat Applebee’s fiesta chicken salad recipe. Not only is this delicious copycat Applebee’s salad packed with crisp veggies, but it also has a mix of tasty black beans, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, and grilled chicken pieces. Add in a tangy salad dressing made of Greek yogurt and various spices, and be prepared for a popping fiesta in every bite! Pair this homemade salad with a savory ribeye roast dish to make a delicious entree meal for the family.
Tips on Making Copycat Applebee’s Fiesta Chicken Salad
Packed with proteins, this Applebee’s inspired fiesta chicken salad recipe is a quick, easy, and healthy dish to make. You can make this dish in just 10 minutes or less! The ingredients are simple and accessible which makes this salad recipe the perfect go-to meal to prepare anytime. You can even try adding in a few ingredients to make the salad even tastier. Feel free to follow some of our helpful tips below:
- Add in avocado slices. Mixing slices of avocado into this salad will make it even healthier and tastier. If you love eating avocados, then we highly recommend that you add some and turn it into an avocado chicken salad. It will give the salad a slightly earthy flavor that’s creamy and almost buttery.
- Try adding in fried tortilla strips. Instead of the classic croutons, match the fiesta style of the salad by adding in tortilla strips made from fried tortillas. This is another delightful way for you to upgrade the salad dish. Simply cut corn tortillas into ¼-inch wide strips, then fry over medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Afterwards, garnish on top of the salad and enjoy that added crunch!
- For a dairy-free chicken salad, use mayonnaise as a substitute for Greek yogurt. You can even try making an avocado mayonnaise mixture so it’s even tastier and healthier. Just remember that the salad dressing would be less tangier than intended, but still creamy.
- Experiment with other tasty salad dressings. If you liked the taste of this homemade salad dressing, then you’re also going to love this chipotle salad dressing. It’s also tangy and zesty in flavor, but with a hint of sweetness. The ingredients include both cilantro and lime juice that are then mixed with honey for a slightly sweet and tangy flavor combination. It’s a salad dressing that tastes just as wonderful with the fiesta chicken salad.
How To Make Copycat Applebee's Fiesta Chicken Salad
This fiery salad will create a fiesta in your mouth! Spice up your lunchtime with this homemade fiesta chicken salad recipe that’s made with a tangy, fiesta salad dressing for a delicious and savory salad dish. Add some ole to your day!
- Whisk together the yogurt, garlic powder, pickled jalapeno, rice vinegar, onion powder, brown sugar, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Put the mixed lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, corn kernels, beans, green pepper, cheddar cheese, grilled chicken, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 502mg
- Calories: 670kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 1352mg
- Protein: 79g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 706mg
- Vitamin A: 2315IU
- Vitamin C: 43mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What goes best with a chicken salad?
For this Applebee’s inspired chicken fiesta salad, you can try pairing it with side dishes of your choice. If you want a slightly Tex-Mex style of side dish, then serve it with some baked tortilla chips or a queso blanco soft taco. You can also go simple, and just eat this salad with some delicious slices of fresh fruits to combine that slightly sweet and tangy flavor. Try making this tasty avocado salsa mixed with mango chunks. These are just some examples of what you can enjoy with this salad recipe.
How do you make salad last longer?
We recommend that you keep the salad dressing and vegetables stored separately so that both salad ingredients last longer. It’s best to keep the vegetables in a resealable bag or plastic wrap so that it doesn’t wilt or lose its crisp. Make sure that the veggies are washed and dried before storing them inside. For the salad dressing, place inside an airtight container and place in the fridge. Doing these simple steps will help you enjoy your copycat Applebee’s fiesta chicken salad a little longer.
ConclusionUpgrade your usual salad dish with this delicious copycat Applebee’s fiesta chicken salad recipe! It has its own homemade salad dressing that’s tangy and tasty when poured on top of the salad. Pair alongside other tasty entree dishes for a hearty meal!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!