A juicy meat patty topped with tangy salsa sauce and savory avocado slices truly sounds tempting. We’re making a timeless burger with a twist! This Spicy Fiesta Burger Recipe has a cheesy surprise you’d want to get your hands on. Between the burger patties lies a cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture that would ooze out of every bite. It’s a fantastic element of surprise as you sink your teeth into the thick meat. Have it ready for a cook-out or a simple family dinner. Either way, this spicy burger recipe is a filling dish for any occasion.
Each layer has a sensational unique flavor that when put together makes the best spicy fiesta burger recipe you’ll ever make. For our succulent burger patty, we’re spicing up our ground beef with taco seasoning. Of course, you have the option to use your preferred meat, however, there’s no guarantee that it would hold together. Ground beef is perfect for skillet type cooking and has less fat compared to ground pork. Inside the patty lies a hidden element—the creamy cheese mixture. There’s a creamy and salty tang flavor that oozes out of the patty for a fun surprise. Top it with your favorite salsa for a spicy crunch. Avocado slices bring in a refreshing nutty taste to balance out the saltiness piled up below.
Our Spicy Fiesta Burger recipe is a festival of flavors. You can even pile up more layers of flavor to your heart’s desire and make it your own. End up with a burger tower filled with all kinds of cheeses and vegetables. It’s a hassle-free dish that you can make ahead of time. If you want to save time and money, here’s an easy Fresh Corn Salsa recipe you can make to top your burger patties. So, let’s get right into cooking the juiciest spicy fiesta burger ever!
How to Make Spicy Fiesta Burgers
Be ready for a festival of flavors! This spicy fiesta burger recipe is quick and hassle-free, serving a filling sandwich with towering meaty and creamy layers that you’ll surely love.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, throw in your ground beef and taco seasoning mix. Mix them well by hand.
- Portion and shape the meat into four equal patties. Add 1 tablespoon of your cream cheese spread on top of two out of four patties. Top your patties with the cream cheese mixture with those without.
- Wrap the meat around the spread and shape them into thick burger patties.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation in the middle of your patties to keep their shape when frying.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Pan fry each side for 7 to 9 minutes or until meat reaches 160 degrees F internal temperature. Once one side of the patty is done, cook the other side, covered. Remember to avoid pressing down on the patty to keep its juices.
- Place a patty on the toasted burger buns, top it with salsa and avocado slices and dig in!
- Keep your ingredients in an air-tight container and store them in the freezer overnight for easy morning preparation.
- Leftover patties can be stored the same way and reheated in the oven for a few minutes under 400 degrees F temperature.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 372mg
- Calories: 1155kcal
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Cholesterol: 198mg
- Fat: 76g
- Fiber: 12g
- Iron: 9mg
- Potassium: 1227mg
- Protein: 56g
- Saturated Fat: 28g
- Sodium: 2250mg
- Vitamin A: 2247IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Where can I find chive and onion flavored cream cheese?
Most supermarkets would have flavored cream cheese on hand. But if it happens that you couldn’t find any, you can beat 8 ounces of cream cheese, 4 tablespoons minced onions, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, and 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives in a bowl until well mixed. Alternatively, you can use mascarpone cheese, sour cream, or Greek yogurt for the mix. Worry not! The tang flavor and creamy texture will still remain.
Is this spicy fiesta burger healthy?
Though burgers, in general, aren’t considered healthy, the avocado slices, salsa, and cheeses give it a healthy boost. Avocados are packed with fiber and are highly nutritious. Our Pico de Gallo-inspired salsa dip, on the other hand, has ingredients with vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties and is also good for the stomach. Meanwhile, our cheese mixture is rich in protein and calcium. If you’re wary about the ground beef, you can opt for chicken thighs or ground turkey that has less calorie and fat content.
ConclusionYou can create a fiesta in the comfort of your own home with this tasty dish. It’s the burger fix you didn’t know you needed, plus you don’t have to settle for lesser flavors. You won’t have to step in another burger joint as this spicy fiesta burger has already set the bar high.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!