Bored with your usual mac and cheese for dinner? Level up with this creamy chicken mac and cheese recipe.
Most of the time, mac and cheese is often overlooked in gatherings or picnics. This is only because people become so accustomed to having mac and cheese from time to time. Good thing that we are innovative and can find ways to experiment. Of course, like any other mac and cheese, you need a perfect pasta for this. Al dente is the way you want to cook yours and you need to be extra careful not to overcook it so it does not get mushy. Choose your preference for cheese from its wide variety. There are lots of cheese to choose from and it varies on the flavor they have and what’s best for your taste.
You are just six steps away into having your cheese casserole recipe. Let’s make this your newest family favorite that will make them ask for seconds.
How To Make Cream of Chicken Mac and Cheese Casserole
- 1 box elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F then cook macaroni noodles according to package directions.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and melt butter. Then, add flour, shredded cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and soup and milk.
- Cook over medium heat or until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Put noodles in a casserole pan and pour cheese sauce over. Sprinkle extra on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve your creamy chicken mac and cheese in a bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
Commonly Asked Questions
What’s the best cheese to use for my mac and cheese?
Parmesan is your go-to cheese in cooking this recipe but you can also choose other cheese cheddar for that sharp and pungent flavor or smoked gouda if you prefer a meatier taste.
What’s the secret in making creamy mac and cheese?
The secret in creamy mac and cheese is cooking your noodle in milk instead of water. Add the cheese of your choice after and it will make your dish even creamier.
Changing, adding, and experimenting on recipes can be the only thing you need once you get over-bored on a certain dish. Say goodbye to cooking complicated dishes and say hello to this twist on one of your household favorites.