Chicken is a very versatile type of meat as it fits seamlessly into any type of meal. However, as easy as it is to add in meals, it is also super easy to get it wrong. If not cooked right, it has a high tendency to turn out dry or overcooked. With this recipe, you will see how simple and effortless it can be to serve up tender, delicious shredded chicken.
This chicken recipe tastes great in our Shredded Chicken Fried Rice recipe here.
How to Make Black Pepper Shredded Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp Olive oil healthy amount
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ sp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Coat the chicken breasts with the seasoning mixture. Be sure to rub it in well and get an even spread over the meat and under the skin.
- Heat up your pan with the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully put your chicken fillets skin side down in the pan. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, until you get a nice sear on the chicken.
- Pour in the low-sodium chicken broth and allow the chicken to simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool to room temperature before using 2 forks to shred the meat.
- Plate your chicken and spoon more of the pan drippings over it.
How to make Italian Seasoning SaltIngredients:
- 2 tbs salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Can you cook this dish in a crockpot/slow-cooker?
Yes, you can. Simply prep all the ingredients, throw all of them in the pot and let the device do the work for you. If you want more tender meat, ensure there is enough liquid in the pot and cook the meat a little longer.
How can you make the meat even more flavorful?
Make sure you cover the chicken thoroughly in the seasoning salt; get under the skin and don’t miss any spots. We also suggest shredding the meat while it’s still in the pan. The broth can then infuse deeper into the shredded chicken and bring out more flavor in the dish.
For those busy days when you don't want to spend too much time cooking, this recipe will be a lifesaver! It barely requires any time and can be whipped up in under half an hour. It's a quick and easy meal that is just as delicious to eat!