This Oreo milkshake is the classic American icy treat that is still loved today! Its unforgettable taste made many fans, kids and adults alike. The iconic look always has a drizzle of chocolate syrup and fluffy whipped cream on top of a tall glass of creamy cookies and cream milkshake. Made with just vanilla ice cream, milk, and Oreo cookies, this milkshake will surely brighten any summer day and also perfect for your movie night snacks!
Whip up our Oreo shake and our equally easy crunchy french fries for a fun afternoon snack.
Tips in Making Oreo Milkshake
This ice cream milkshake gives you a thick and creamy sweet treat that you’ll love making again and again. You can easily make this recipe at home, nonetheless, we have more valuable tips to help you achieve the perfect homemade milkshake:
- Firstly, make sure to let the ice cream soften. Allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. If the ice cream is too hard, then you might end up adding more milk. As a result, your milkshake will thin out.
- Add the milk to the blender first so that you can quickly blend the mixture.
- If you want chunks of Oreo cookies in your milkshake, add the Oreo cookies last, and don’t blend them too much.
- Use whole milk for an ultra-rich and creamy consistency.
- Make it even more fun-tasting by adding other ingredients. You can use chocolate ice cream to make a double chocolate milkshake. In addition, you can also add coffee, peanut butter, banana, Golden Oreos, and top with some maraschino cherries for greater complexities in flavor.
- Lastly, you can also make your own ice cream at home! Our Baskin Robbins copycat vanilla ice cream recipe will not disappoint you.
Looking for more Oreo recipes? Check out this decadent Oreo cheesecake if you’re feeling a bit indulgent. On the other hand, for something with a little more crunch, try these deep fried Oreos to satisfy your sweet, crunchy cravings.
How To Make Oreo Milkshake
Drink up a creamy milkshake that’s filled with yummy, crushed Oreo cookies. Best enjoyed during the hot season, our sweet and thick Oreo milkshake recipe is quick and easy to make!
Add the milk, ice cream, and Oreo cookies in a blender.
Blend until smooth, or until you reach your desired consistency.
Pour the milkshake into a glass and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and an Oreo cookie.
Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How to make an Oreo milkshake without ice cream?
Make an Oreo milkshake without ice cream by replacing the ice cream with milk. For this recipe, use ½ cup of milk. Add 3 tablespoons of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and ice cubes. Then, proceed according to the recipe. Take note that the best type of milk to use for this recipe is whole milk. It will not be as creamy, but it will still be refreshing and good to cure your cravings!
Can I make an Oreo milkshake without a blender?
Yes! You can make our Oreo milkshake recipe without a blender. Just break up the Oreos, throw everything in a big jar, and shake it vigorously. Alternatively, whipping up everything in a large mixing bowl will also do.
Is Oreo shake good for your health?
It won’t do harm if you consume this milkshake in moderation. But Oreo milkshake is not something you would want to consume every day because of its high fat and sugar content. If you’re after a healthy blended drink, try making this yummy blueberry smoothie or our copycat Jamba Juice apple smoothie.
Oreo milkshake is a delicious and easy to make drink that’s just perfect for the hot season! With just a handful of ingredients, you can make your own yummy cold treat to keep you refreshed all day.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!