This hamburger and ketchup gravy recipe is very simple but tastes out of this world! It is a home-style dish that’s made for the dining table. The secret to this hamburger recipe is the simmering! When the gravy simmers for a while, the flavors blend to make a thick sweet gravy. Serve with noodles and biscuits.
How To Make Hamburgers and Ketchup Gravy
Classic-style hamburger patties with an interesting ketchup gravy to go along with it.
- Mix the ground beef, 1 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, onion powder, steak seasoning, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Form into small fat hamburger patties, or meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the patties in the skillet and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove patties and transfer to a plate, then melt the butter in the same pan and saute the onions.
- In the same pan, slowly stir together the remaining ketchup and water if the mixture seems thin, add a bit more ketchup, or if it is thick, add more water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Return the patties to the pan, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir after 30 minutes, and if the gravy is still thin, continue simmering with the lid off until the gravy thickens.
- Transfer to a serving plate then add more ketchup gravy and a garnish of chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 21g
- Calcium: 71mg
- Calories: 471kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Fat: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 633mg
- Protein: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 994mg
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Vitamin A: 556IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!