One of the best fast food onion rings around is irrefutably Burger King onion rings. And you can now skip the long lines and drive-thrus to Burger King to get some! Just make these golden brown crispy onion rings at home instead. Pair it with its ultimate dipping sauce, which is none other than the Burger King zesty sauce for the ultimate BK experience. Read on and learn how you can easily achieve this.
Tips in Making Burger King Onion Rings
You must have been having a bite of it when you started to wonder what burger king onion rings are made of. Here are some tips to make your bk onion rings taste like you just ordered them from the burger king menu!
- Choose the right onion. Use white onions which have a light, mild, and sweeter taste compared to yellow onions. Although there are similarities between the two, you can use yellow onions if you’re opting for a stronger onion flavor.
- Soak your onions in cold water for a sweeter and milder taste. Do this for 30 minutes to 1 hour after peeling. This process subdues their sharp taste and allows their natural sweetness to dominate.
- Deep-fry them at a high temperature. This will give your onion rings a nice crispy golden brown exterior with a tender interior. Frying them in low oil temperature will result in a soaked and soggy onion ring, which is not enticing to consume.
- Remove the excess grease with paper towels before you serve your onion rings. This is to prevent the crust to absorb excess oil which will eventually result in your onion rings losing their crispness. Make sure to keep your onion rings warm if you’re not serving them immediately.
Preparing an appetizing snack has never been this easy and tempting before. Complete the burger king experience by pairing these onion rings with zesty sauce and BK’s chicken nuggets!
How To Make Burger King Onion Rings (Copycat)
Recreate the crowd’s favorite Burger King onion rings in less than an hour. Enjoy our sweet and crunchy onion rings together with a creamy dipping sauce.
Preheat the deep pot with enough frying oil until it reaches 365 degrees F or medium heat.
Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking powder in one bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Set aside.
Next, spread out the breadcrumbs in a bowl or in a baking dish.
Dredge each onion ring into the flour and baking powder mixture, dip in the milk and egg mixture, and coat in the breadcrumbs.
Fry a few onion rings at a time for about 2 to 3 minutes each or until light golden brown.
Once finished, drain on paper towels.
Sprinkle the rings with garlic salt and serve hot with mayonnaise and ketchup.
- You can also choose to mix ketchup and mayonnaise for your dip if you prefer.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 166mg
- Calories: 271kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 257mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 882mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 186IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Why is the batter falling off my onion rings?
This is a sign that there was extra moisture on your onion before you covered it with the wet batter. You can easily avoid this by eliminating the moisture. Achieve this by covering your onions with a drying agent such as dry flour or cornstarch. Dehydrating onions is also a good option.
How to reheat onion rings and ensure they remain crispy?
Preheat your oven at 350 degrees F while you heat your onion rings in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Once done, place it in a lined baking pan and bake it in the oven for 5 minutes or until it’s hot and crispy again.
ConclusionSatisfy your Burger King cravings with this easy recipe made of real onion slices. Dredged in a flavorful batter then coated in breadcrumbs, it brings even crunchier results. It definitely makes a great appetizer as it tastes the same as the original ones, or if we dare say, even better. Serve this delicious crunchy side with your choice of hot or creamy dipping sauce and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Make a bunch of these sweet honey-infused cornmeal biscuits to perfectly pair with your favorite dishes.