These brisket burgers are just in time for National Brisket Day on May 28th. The flavor from the brisket meat is absolutely radiant and a great change up from the typical burger.
How To Make Brisket Bacon Burger
- 2 lb beef brisket ground at the butcher
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions sliced
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns good quality
- 6 leaves butter lettuce halved lengthwise
- 18 bacon strips cooked crispy
- 6 tomato slices
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Set a large cast-iron skillet on top.
To prepare the brisket patties and bacon:
- Prepare the brisket meat in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the meat into six equal size patties.
- Set patties into the cast-iron pan. Let cook for about three to four minutes on one side.
- Flip patties over and let cook for an additional two minutes.
- Top with cheese and let cook for about one to two minutes or until melted.
- Cook about three bacon slices per burger in the skillet. Cook until crispy for about five minutes.
- Remove the finished patties and bacon slices from the grill and keep warm.
- Repeat this process with the remaining brisket burgers.
- Lay out your hamburger buns.
- Spread a layer of your favorite sauce on the top bun.
- Lay lettuce on the bottom bun.
- Top with the brisket, followed by the bacon, onions, and tomato slices.
- Top with the top bun and serve.