Time for another amazing appetizer with the best cheese fries recipe! We’re giving the American classic an upgrade with a blanket of creamy cheese sauce and crispy bacon bits topping. The loaded fries cheese sauce is made with two types of cheese and beer! Trust us, beer takes its taste to a higher level of deliciousness. Ready your steak or beef burger to eat this tasty snack with.
Tips on Making Beer Cheese Fries
Here are our tips on how to make the best cheese fries at home. You’ll forget about ordering takeout once you make homemade cheese fries this way.
- If you’re wondering what kind of cheese is best, you can use any cheese that melts well like Mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and pepper jack cheese. Moreover, we recommend buying blocks and grating them yourself. They melt better than starch-coated pre-shredded ones.
- It’s the beer that will deepen the taste of the cheese sauce, so use one that you like the flavor of. Don’t worry, it is completely safe to eat for kids. The alcohol cooks off in the heat.
- Use your preferred french fry shape. Steak fries, curly fries, crinkle-cut fries, and even potato wedges or any types of fries would work.
- You can air fry your fries, bake, or deep fry. Whichever method you choose, make sure not to overcrowd the fryer so that you have a crispy rather than soggy afternoon snack.
- Load up your cheesy french fries with other delicious ingredients. Top them with jalapenos, shredded bbq chicken, green onions, and pickles if you want. You can also serve it with ranch dip or your choice of dipping sauce.
- Top your bacon cheese fries with more mozzarella cheese and finish it in the oven. As a result, the melted cheese will turn into a delicious grilled cheese topping!
French fries truly is one irresistible comfort food. And cheesy fries? Even more. Let’s head right on to making them.
How To Make Beer Cheese Fries
Make crispy french fries with a rich beer cheese sauce made with Velveeta and cheddar topped with bacon. Serve these cheese fries as an appetizer or a movie night snack.
- Cook the fries according to the package instructions and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the beer, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Slowly bring the contents of the saucepan to a simmer and add the cheese a little at a time. Make sure to stir and melt each portion of cheese before adding more.
- Once all the cheese is melted, add in the Worcestershire sauce. Simmer briefly for 5 minutes to thicken.
- To assemble the fries, lay them out on a large platter then top them with cheese sauce.
- Lastly, top your fries with crumbled bacon, parsley, and serve. Enjoy!
*Check out this Homemade French Fries Recipe to make your own crispy potato fries from scratch!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 583mg
- Calories: 635kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Fat: 46g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 586mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 1374mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 657IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Commonly Asked Questions
What else can you put on top of cheese fries?
Fried potatoes pair well with a lot of other flavors. Aside from gravy, cheese sauce, and ketchup, a good chili goes well on a bed of fries. You can also put gooey mac and cheese, sliced steak, baked beans, and bbq sauce.
Should you salt french fries before frying?
No. Salt will break down the oil and could give the fried food an off flavor. It’s better to salt the french fries after frying them. As an alternative, if you want them seasoned, you could coat them with spices and oil and bake them in the oven just like this baked french fries recipe.
What is the best beer to cook with?
Cooking with beer gives any dish a big boost in taste. But it depends on the food you’re cooking. For beef, pork, and lamb steaks or roasts, use robust beers like porters and stouts. On the other hand, it’s best to use sweet and fruity dark ale for beer-infused chocolate desserts. For a beer cheese recipe, the best beer to cook with is pilsner. Its bitter notes complement the cheese giving the sauce a deep, full-bodied flavor.
ConclusionCrispy french fries topped with a yummy cheese sauce made with Velveeta, cheddar, and beer. We bet you’ve never had cheese fries as great as this before. Forget about the calories and indulge in them today. You deserve it!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!