If you haven’t prepared fresh fish the way you prepare bacon, then you’re missing out! This recipe unites bacon-lovers with fish-lovers for one incredible dish and you should give it a try tonight.
How To Make Bacon-Fried Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 strips bacon diced
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- coarse salt
- In a large skillet, bacon until brown, but not too crispy. Transfer bacon to a plate and conserve half of the bacon fat in a bowl.
- Clean skillet and heat up with the butter and oil. Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly coat the tilapia fillets in flour, shaking off excess. Add the tilapia, bacon fat, and lemon juice into the skillet and cook tilapia for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve tilapia with each piece topped with the caramelized onions and bacon.